How To Search Back
What's the best way to find what I want?
If you spend just a minute or so to read our guide, you can really increase your chances of finding what you want at Jokers' Masquerade, allowing you to save time by not browsing elsewhere. We pride ourselves on having one of the largest and fastest expanding portfolios, and we're positive you will find what you require.
There are two main ways to find what you need at Jokers' Masquerade. You can simply enter a word or phrase into the search box or you can browse the site. There are advantages and disadvantages of both methods, and we hope to explain the best practices to help you find exactly what you want.
Browsing our website
This might take a little longer, but if you're not sure what you need for a party theme or are looking for some fresh ideas, browsing can be quite inspirational. You might even stumble across some of the fantastic lines not available elsewhere, and many associated costumes are linked to each other to make your browsing experience even better.
All of the products on offer have been carefully categorised to ensure a simple and satisfying browsing experience, and there are a range of filter options including gender, product type and size to make things as easy as possible for you. Because we've tried to make the site experience as uncomplicated as possible, we're confident to recommend browsing as the best approach to using the site, and we're positive you will save time in the long run and maybe even find something unexpected among the many pages of costumes and accessories here.
Using the search function
The search box is handy if you're in a hurry, but be careful: if you're not exact with your search terms you might miss the item you're looking for. Alternatively, if you make your search too vague you might find too much. Also if you mistype or misspell in a search, you might not get the desired result.
To increase the amount of results:
- Check your spelling: 'medieval' is not spelled 'medievil' and it's 'Marilyn Monroe' not 'Marilyn Monro'
- Use fewer words: Try 'Pink Ladies' or 'Pink Lady' not 'The Pink Ladies from Grease'
- Give it some space: Try 'police man' and 'policeman' or 'Pop Star' and 'Popstar'
- How about a hyphen? Try 'spiderman' and 'spider-man'
- Single word searches: Try 'police'
- Try both plural and singular phrases: Use 'pirate' and not 'pirates'
- Avoid operators: Exclude 'the', 'and', 'a' from the search
- And what about &? Try 'Batman & Robin' and 'Batman and Robin'
- Try character names rather than film titles: For instance 'Arwen' not 'Lord of the Rings'
To narrow the results:
- Experiment with more specific or concise words: Use 'pistol' rather than 'gun'
- Use the exact phrase for what you're after: Try 'afro wig' not 'wig'
Still having problems?
We are sure we have what you want, you just have to find it! If all else fails, please feel free to contact us.
Call us on: 0845 1300 818 - Lines are open 9:00am to 5:00pm Mon-Fri.