How To Search Back
What's the best way to find what I want?
If you spend just a minute or so to read what Maurice has to say here, you will increase your chances of finding what you want at Jokers' Masquerade and will save time by not browsing elsewhere on the Internet. We pride ourselves by having one of the largest and certainly the fastest expanding portfolios and are positive you will find what you require, you just need to know how to find it :o)
There are two primary ways to find what you are looking for at Jokers' Masquerade. You may simply enter a search word or words into the search box or browse the site. There are advantages and disadvantages of both methods and we hope to explain the best practices to help:
Browsing our website.
This may take a little longer but if you are not sure what you need for a party theme or are looking for an idea, this can be quite inspirational. We have some fantastic lines not available elsewhere. Many costumes have accessory items linked to them and we also link associate costumes to each other.
This is by far our most recommended approach and we are positive you will save time in the long run.
Using the search function
Useful if you are in a hurry, though you can sometimes fall foul and miss an item. The problem is that you have to exacly match letter for letter and word for word to get what you want. Be too vague and you'll find too much, be too exact and you'll miss what you want. If you miss-type or miss-spell your search criteria, you will not get the desired result. Our engine searches for the exact 'string' of characters. So, if you type "The Pink Ladies From Grease" by example, you will receive a nill return. So, you need to keep it simple. Here are Maurice's tips on seaching:
To increase the amount of results:
- Check your spelling: 'medieval' is not spelled 'medievil' and it's 'Marilyn Monroe' not 'Marilyn Monro'
- Use fewer words: Try 'Pink Ladies' or 'Pink Lady' not 'The Pink Ladies from Grease'.
- Use spaces: Try 'police man' and 'policeman' or 'Pop Star' and 'Popstar'
- Use or not use a hyphen: Try 'spiderman' and 'spider-man' or 'yo-gi-oh' and 'yo gi oh'
- Use single words: Try 'police'. Our search engine likes short simple queries.
- Use singluar and not plural: Use 'pirate' and not 'pirates'
- Do not use operators: Exclude 'the', 'and', 'a' from the search.
- And what about &: Try 'Batman & Robin' and 'Batman and Robin'
- Use character names not film names: Try 'Arwen' not 'Lord of the Rings'
To narrow the results:
- Use more specific or concise words: Use 'pistol' rather than 'gun'
- Use exact phrase: Try 'afro wig' not 'wig'
Which is the best way?
Browse, browse, browse!
We are sure we have what you want, you just have to find it :o) though if all else fails, please feel free to contact us.
Still having problems?
Call us: (0845) 1300 818 - Lines are open 9:00am to 5:00pm Mon-Fri.